question

nellyccc3 avatar image
nellyccc3 asked

New ESS setup for Easy Solar 2

Could someone please answer the following. I am currently setting up the above and have taken the following steps

Installed Easy Solar 2 48/5000

Wired AC In from main consumer unit on 32Amp MCB via a 63Amp double pole isolator using 4mm cable

Connected victron current sensor to mains side of above isolator (not sure if it should be placed before consumer unit????)

Wired AC 1 back to main consumer on 50Amp MCB via a 63Amp double pole isolator using 6mm cable

Connected network cable to the internet

Created login via VRM portal

Updated all components to latest firmware

I am wanting to load the ESS assistant so that I don't feed back to the grid as there is currently no financial incentive to do so.

I have 10 X Canadian Solar 455w panels in place ready to connect to the MPPT

I have 2 X Pylontech US5000 that arrive next month that eventually want to be able to fill them up with excess solar.

My question is, what is the best way of setting the system up so that I can use the current solar without feeding back to the grid whilst my batteries arrive in 6 weeks time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

ESSEasySolar All-in-Onegrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

@nellyccc3

Not much you can do without battery.

I suggest reading and listening to all you can find on Victron Professional site.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nellyccc3 avatar image
nellyccc3 answered ·

Thanks for your answer, would I be able to connect the solar at least?

2 comments
2 |3000

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·
@nellyccc3

You can do all wiring but MPPT will not work without battery same as ES-II.

If you have grid-tie inverter, it can be used without battery.

You can temporally use four 12V LA batteries and if you set your ESS to "keep the batteries charged" they can even be the cheap starter type. This way the MPPT will work for your loads.

0 Likes 0 ·
nellyccc3 avatar image nellyccc3 marekp commented ·
Many thanks for your answer, that makes perfect sense
0 Likes 0 ·