question

hapa avatar image
hapa asked

best Windows version to run Victron Configure on?

I have spent way to much time trying to get the V-configure app to run under Parallels on an apple OS X time to move on and buy a machine that will run the V-configure app with out any issues. i will most likely by a used machine with a freash install of a version of the Windows operating system. could some one please tell me a Windows version that they know will work?

MK3
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

duswami avatar image duswami commented ·
Ive run it on 10 and 11 with no problems. Using 11 now for both remote veConfig and hardwired to the Multi with the MK3 bus via USB connection. Personally, if you have a newer computer and can use Windows 11 I'd probably do that. But veConfig is not a CPU intensive program. I've also used it on a really old Laptop with an ancient CPU and 2gigs of memory running Linux and it works fine.
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Not sure what your issues are with running VEConfig under Parallels on Mac OS. I do it and have never had any issues other than when connecting the MK3 USB dongle. You need to make sure it connects to the Windows virtual machine when you plug it in. If you didn't do that the first time you plugged it in, it may be "stuck" on the Mac side.

I'm running Windows 10 under Parallels.

I can't speak to which versions of Windows are best for VEConfig but know Windows 10 works if you can still get it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

@hapa what version of Windows are you running and what Mac is it. If it is one with the new Mac Silicon (aka M1 or M2) then you need to find the FTDI ARM 64 Windows 11 beta drivers. The standard windows 10/11 Intel drivers do not work.

If that is the issue, please read https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/115257/macbook-parralells-mk3-usb-driver-not-available.html?childToView=117297#comment-117297

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Over the past 15 years I used VE.config on all Windows versions (except Vista and 11).

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic