question

nostromo avatar image
nostromo asked

Why no battery discharge when external current sensor AUX1 is connected ?

Could someone experienced the fact that the external current sensor disable the battery discharging ?

So no power feeding from battery if current sensor is used (ie. To monitor power from another inverter)

sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@nostromo I had the same issue. It took me weeks to find the answer. In short, there is a setting in VE configure (added after a recent firmware update) that allocated AUX1 to a grid demand interlock. You have to disable this in VE configure but if you have applied a county specific grid setting toy uor VE configure files, you'll need a password from Victron to disable this setting should you want to use AUX1 for the CT sensor.

See below link.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/134316/multiplus-2-5kva-48v-gx-issue-with-aux1-with-ct-se.html

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nostromo avatar image nostromo commented ·

@ Jason - UK

Big thanks dear, I'll try this and keep you posted.

Best regards.

1 Like 1 ·
nostromo avatar image nostromo commented ·

@Jason - UK

Hi Jason, I applied your method and it work.

Thanks a lot for support. I really appreciate.

FYI: External sensor assistant don't work after soft reboot of the unit. You must absolutely do a hard reset via ON/OFF button (It’s the case on my unit). I pass hours to find this tip :-)

Best regards.

1 Like 1 ·
nostromo avatar image
nostromo answered ·

@@Alexandra

Can I've the password to change the parameter AUX 1 as disable Feedin signal ?

Best regards

8 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@nostromo

I am not able to provide you with that (for legal reasons) since for some it is grid code and therefore compliance related.

For the rest aux is alternatively programmed through assistants and does not need a code.

0 Likes 0 ·
nostromo avatar image nostromo Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Alexandra

I understand the legal raison, but this do not solve my problem. Please give me a detailled procedure (Legal) to get Battery discharged when AUX1 use current sensor.

"alternatively programmed through assistants" is not sufficient as support.

Best regards.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ nostromo commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·

@Alexandra

Controlling depth of discharge have nothing to do with the problem regarding AUX 1 power sensor witch desable discharge of the battery.

So, no solution yet.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ nostromo commented ·
Just using AUX2 is not an option for you?
1 Like 1 ·
nostromo avatar image nostromo Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
@Matthias Lange - DE

Hi Matthias, I used AUX 2 ans also T° imput, same effect. See my answer to Jason about that problem (Solved).

Thanks for trying to give info.

Best regards.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ nostromo commented ·
Did you try @Jason - UK suggestions? And do you have ess and a grid code installed? Soes the CT really need to be plugged in if it is the thing giving you the problems?
1 Like 1 ·

@Alexandra

Solution of Jason is working. I don't understand your question about sensor. For sure sensor have to be plugged.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic