question

philv avatar image
philv asked

maximum wattage load with quatro 3000

I have a quatro 3000 24v and doesn't like to run to 2000 watts for very long, I know its supposed to handle 2400 continuously, so if its not the quatro what else might be not coping with the load?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerAGM Batterysystem design
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@philv

Wiring and heat issues? Battery not able to cope with high amp drain. At 24v you need a bank that can sustain 125A

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

If it cuts off there should be an alarm LED blinking/on.
Overload, over temperature or low battery.

The rating for 2400W continuously is at 25°C.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

philv avatar image
philv answered ·

Hi Mathias the Quattro reports low battery, but I have a new AGM battery bank of around 900 ah so would be surprised if that was limiting the power output, so the rating of 2400 @ 25c would be lower at a lower temperature Ie winter/summer, morning/afternoon?

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@philv

If the size of the battery is not an issue, then it will be cable size or resistance causing a voltage drop. Bank configuration as well causing bad current sharing? Unless ESS is installed and C rating is too conservative in the assistant making the system shutdown early.

0 Likes 0 ·
philv avatar image
philv answered ·

Hi Alexandra cable sizes are fairly short and over rated so can’t imagine that would be a problem and I’m sure the bank config is good, though I might try checking the terminals are tight, sorry but i Have no idea what ESS is, could you explain please.

2 |3000