question

lpez210 avatar image
lpez210 asked

Wiring help Truck with 48v system Questions

1. What fuses or breakers do i need and where?

2. Is the wiring right or does something need to be moved or added?

3. Shunts, Cerbo GX, etc needed?

4. Lynx 1000 needed?

5. This will be completely off grid

6. Is MPPT needed for EasySolar 2 GX?

7. Winch straight to battery or connected to paralleled Orion-Tr’s?

Updated down below

0d10a3d8-c3d0-4f99-a1f2-6f6f241a3874.png

EasySolar All-in-Oneoffgriddc systemwiring diagram48v battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
lpez210 avatar image
lpez210 answered ·

Excuse the water pump with the blue coloring.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sheidler avatar image
sheidler answered ·

Well how do you want to charge your batteries - the voltage delivered by the solar panel with 48V is not enough to load your batteries. Voltage needs to be at minimum 52V - and what if the sun is not shining enough? The voltage will fell down under 48V and you will not get batteries loaded.

The wiring should go from the MPPT output directly to the lynx distributor

2 comments
2 |3000

lpez210 avatar image lpez210 commented ·

I was thinking of topping them off with shore power before traveling for a week or two. 20kw will last quite a while with most of what I’m thinking of having. How much solar would you be thinking of adding? I thought 1300 watts would be enough to keep it topped off if i drive all day and everything charges unless I’m missing something.

Running the induction stove and water heater would take most of the power off i use them three times a day for 15 ish minutes. Water pump is really low pull… I’m not planning on running everything all the time, just enough to cook something and take a shower or brush my teeth.

Thank you for the Lynx connection update

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ lpez210 commented ·
You will get nothing out of solar, unless you have actual battery voltage + 5V from solar. Work on at least 13V per battery, but as most 12V batteries are charged at around 14.4V, your panels don't have the voltage. On a 48V system you need around 60Voc from the panels. Wiring in series may get you there. As long as you stay under the VMax for the charge controller.
0 Likes 0 ·
lpez210 avatar image
lpez210 answered ·

16444030-9c3d-4aa0-a806-b6dabd220924.pngHere’s another version someone else posted but i made a few modifications. Let me know if this looks right

2 |3000

sheidler avatar image
sheidler answered ·

This looks right

1 comment
2 |3000

lpez210 avatar image lpez210 commented ·

would you be able to look over the fuses real quick? I only changed the breaker far right for the solar panels and the battery fuse far left from 300 to 500A but Im not sure I have the right sizing for the other stuff.

also, question..... the Easy Solar II GX has its own MPPT controller. Why not have the panels routed to the Easy Solar instead of the Lynx?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

EasySolar 1600 product page

EasySolar-II GX 3000 & 5000 product page

Victron Offgrid page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic