question

Odd avatar image
Odd asked

MPPT smart charger Bluetooth

Hello. I have two smartsolar mppt. Only one showing Bluetooth. Any know how to fix this problem. Look at pictures. Missing enable Bluetooth on a150

9c8df975-df88-4d8c-9d85-608cf0897468.png

733a228b-1922-4795-b7f7-a997de6c2562.png

Bluetoothsmart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Try turning off the one that's working by disconnecting it. What happens then?

From the image it looks as if you have a Bluetooth connection to both. I'm not sure on the software, but it might disable the Bluetooth display if they're bound in a smart network.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @Odd

I assume that you have them connected via VE.Direct as the Bluetooth part is not visible in the Product Info menu. This would then also explain why the Bluetooth on the 150/85 does not seem to work: In these models, the internal bluetooth dongle shares the VE.Direct connection with the external connector and because of that they cannot be used at the same time. When the external VE.Direct is used, the internal bluetooth dongle shuts down.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

I've corrected the title to help future searches

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic