question

longshot300 avatar image
longshot300 asked

victron multiplus 12/3000/120

Could use a little help.

I have a Victron/Multiplus charger/inverter 12/3000/120 with the BMV-712 monitor and four Battleborn lifepo4 batteries installed in an RV.

The individual / company is no longer around that did the install, so asking them for help is non-existent. Originally as I remember, the unit would maintain the batteries at or near 100% while being in the on or inverter mode and plugged into shore power.

As time went by I noticed this was not happening anymore, the battery SOC was dropping to what extent I'm not sure. So, after several days of leaving it alone, I checked it again and the battery SOC dropped to 80%, I then just put it in charge mode for now.

What happened? did something change as in settings? If so, how do I correct it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

victron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

nothing would change in the system if its not on the Internet via a GX device. To help any more we would need all the setups of the BMV and also whats the voltage settings in the inverter and the battery setup settings in the BMV -

You really should find a new local Victron agent to help you,

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

longshot300 avatar image
longshot300 answered ·

screenshot-20220521-085351.jpgThanks Paul,

Here are some screenshots of the unit settings, currently in charge mode until it's determined that setting changes are needed.screenshot-20220521-085240.jpg

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic