question

green-monster avatar image
green-monster asked

VRM Portal "invalid credentials"

Trying to log on to VRM portal using a different laptop and also my phone. My main computer logs in fine and I can see my system remotely, but when I try to log into vrm.victronenergy.com using the same name and password on ANY different computer/phone, I get a popup red box that says invalid credentials. Not sure what the problem is. I can be on the same wireless network that accesses the internet that my system Cerbo GX is connected to, or I could be just using the Phones data connection and accessing it from a different IP address. Same issue. Is there a limit of only one login 'computer'? I'm not doing it at the same time my main computer is logged in. I can access the GX via bluetooth or it's internal WiFi. Very confusing.

VRMvrm advanced
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
green-monster answered ·

EDIT: this only worked for one day.

And the answer is, after a search that showed someone else had the same issues logging in back in 2019, it was suggested that a second email account be created. I followed that info, using a separate email address; and after verifying the new email account, I had mobile access to my system. I can access it and apparently you need some sort of cookie that that is verified with the email account and is being used to track access. But this is not documented or referenced anywhere except on how to create a new user. I hope this helps someone else.

So other than searching this forum, there has not been any 'official' support from Victron.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Green Monster,

Thanks for the follow up report,

Sorry to hear about the frustrations, happy to hear that there was a solution found on the community (that was my purpose in making it to catch and then self help these weird edge case situations).

I will see what I can find out about this glitch, it shouldn't be happening like this, you should be able to use your VRM credentials on any device without jumping through hoops.

We will fix it, or I will better document the 'work around solution'.

0 Likes 0 ·
green-monster avatar image green-monster Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks for the reply, I tried to contact someone to inform them of this issue as it seems weird, and didn't think this should be an issue. I will await your update.
0 Likes 0 ·
green-monster avatar image green-monster Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Well, that was short lived, I now cannot log in with my phone on the VRM website using the new email account. I need to find out what the "Invalid Credentials" red pop up box is triggered by. I'm assuming it was because I need to dump cashe maybe? I wish there was a phone/email/person I could contact about this issue, as it is VERY frustrating.
0 Likes 0 ·
Any updates? I am still prevented from logging in and the temporary fix quit working after 24 hours.
0 Likes 0 ·
It's been several months with no reply. The issue is STILL a problem and another user commented on my second post about this problem that they and I are still having. The Invalid Credentials when trying to log into your own account from a different computer or phone. I hope someone is actually looking into this.
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Try a diferant browser I use Firefox and have no issues using multi computers

2 |3000

Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

Are you using Chrome by any chance?

2 |3000

green-monster answered ·

I've tried different browsers on several computers and phones. Only my initial computer that I set up my VRM account on can log in. Using the same username and password. But the indication of the problem is the same, a red popup box that says invalid credentials. I emailed Victron sales and asked them to pass this on to their VRM webpage people and they blew me off, I don't have a dealer to contact about this question.

2 |3000

Related Resources