question

vickly avatar image
vickly asked

Andoid application cannot detect MPPT 75 | 15

Hi, I attempted to connect to my MPPT 75 10 via USB with Android application installed a few days ago.

I have a working USB connection to a desktop PC via FTDI cable but when I plug this into the Android phone it says it cannot find anything. At the moment I plug in the USB , the phone asks for USB access which I confirm. A few seconds later it says there are no connected devices.

Is this a known issue ? Does USB work?

Thanks.

connection issue
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vickly avatar image
vickly answered ·

Thanks, I was using an adaptor cable from the FTDI cable's type A connector to the phone. I'll need to check whether that is OTG. Any idea how I can test that ?

2 |3000

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @Vickly

It should work with the Victron VE.Direct USB cable, but it is not guaranteed to work with all FTDI cables (on Android). It depends on the exact type of FTDI chip. FTDI chips with the USB product IDs 0x6001 and 0x6015 should work.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

vickly avatar image
vickly answered ·

Thanks for a very precise technical answer. This a different chip. I think I have another cable which uses FT232RL, I'll try that.

Great reply.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic