question

john-gibson avatar image
john-gibson asked

Multiplus 12/3000/120 not inverting on battery power

Have scoured the forums but no solution found. I am in the process of mocking up the system for my camper and for a week or so, the Multiplus operated just fine. However a few days ago, nothing works when on DC. No inverter, no unit power on when connected to a fully charged (13.37V) battery via 4/0 cables and voltage checked at the studs on the Multiplus.

When connected to shore power, normal startup works fine, after a few moments the mains LED lights up and battery charging working fine.

Checked everything, started clean by updating the firmware via Victron Connect (current firmware is v494). Still no lights...nothing when AC is removed and cannot connect via VC when Multiplus is solely on DC power. There are no modifications in configuration other than selecting Lithium batteries, and yes the battery voltage for inverter shutdown is set at 11.4V. I am at a loss, all assistance greatly appreciated.

dc system
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·

The DC fuse all good?

0 Likes 0 ·
john-gibson avatar image john-gibson Jason - UK commented ·
If you mean the 400A fuse from the battery to the Multiplus...Yes as I mentioned the voltage measurement of 13+ was taken at the DC input studs on the Multiplus...not at the battery. I do not see any internal Multiplus fuses.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ john-gibson commented ·
Please remove the fuse and test it.
0 Likes 0 ·
7 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Checking the obvious, what position is the switch in? Sounds as if you've knocked it into off or charger only.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

john-gibson avatar image john-gibson commented ·

I wish...the switch is in the ON position full up.

0 Likes 0 ·
chrichri avatar image
chrichri answered ·

Hi

is in the Inverter Menu the box shut down on COC enabled - then disable it for testing

is in teh General Menu the box Enable battery monitor enabled - enable it for testing

is any Assistant added in the Assistant menu - remove for testing (write them down before or make a backup file to read them back later.

1 comment
2 |3000

chrichri,

I previously removed all assistants, running a vanilla firmware v494.

vc3.png

Battery monitor is enabled and shows full charge

vc1.png

Shut down on SOC is disabled...I don't believe I have ever had that enabled.

vc2.png

0 Likes 0 ·
vc1.png (55.7 KiB)
vc2.png (45.4 KiB)
vc3.png (10.5 KiB)
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Nothing else connected on the VE.bus?

1 comment
2 |3000

I have no VE bus devices connected. Only connection on the CAT connectors is the dongle for the VE Bus to connect to USB on my computer.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@John Gibson Do you have anything connected to AUX1? If so, disconnect it and see if that makes a difference.

2 |3000

john-gibson avatar image
john-gibson answered ·

I did have a high low battery disconnect connected to AUX 1 with the Two signal BMS support Assistant. However, one of the 1st things I did was to remove all assistants and disconnect all wires from the temp sensor, AUX1, and AUX2. Currently there are no added assistants and no external control wires attached.

1 comment
2 |3000

Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·

@John Gibson Where about are you located? If you want, happy to do a teams meeting / Zoom call and give a 2nd set of eyes over your settings. Something is a miss and I'd be interested in what the issue is either way. I had my unit not invert for 4 days for random reasons.

0 Likes 0 ·
john-gibson avatar image
john-gibson answered ·

I am in Loveland Colorado...and yes able/willing to do a Teams or Zoom call with you. Thank you for the offer!

2 |3000

john-gibson avatar image
john-gibson answered ·

Jason, appologies for not getting in touch. I had to go out of town for a bit. I have checked everything and blanked the slate again to the base firmware with no assistants nor anything attached to any AUX inputs etc. Still dead when on full voltage battery. Think there is an internal problem with the unit. Have you ever seen that before?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic