question

gangl79 avatar image
gangl79 asked

New 3Phasesystem Multiplus 2, Error 3 (English)

A new installation with Multiplus 2, cerbo and MPPT getting always error 3

One of the multis came with an older firmeware, so I updated it with the “Flash-Programm”, after I connected all 3 multis with the udp cable and mk3 usb adapter to the laptop and configured the 3 phase system and did all the settings in the configuration tool.

Connected the 3 multis to the cerbo and did the update off all firmeware over the VRM Portal successfully, so for me means the bus is ok.

The endtermination are plugged in and they also have 120 Ohm. Checked the UDP cable with a networktester, also ok.

AC input and Batterie input also OK.

Connectet 4 old carbatteries in Serie for testing , the BYD is not delivered yet.

I also startet again from beginning, flash the software new to all multis with the “flash-tool” and configure again, but always the same.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks.

1.png3.png4.png

Multiplus-IIerrorVE.Bus
1.png (36.8 KiB)
3.png (49.2 KiB)
4.png (90.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

VE Bus should not have terminators. Please remove the terminators and check again

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gangl79 avatar image gangl79 commented ·

The error is still here

0 Likes 0 ·
gangl79 avatar image
gangl79 answered ·

Still the same. Also restarted the system.

1 comment
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Maybe try to reconfigure the system again now that the terminators are gone.

Use Victron.Connect (not VE.Flash) and start from the beginning.

Do a firmware update again to remove any configuration and then set up three phase system again.

0 Likes 0 ·
gangl79 avatar image
gangl79 answered ·

Hy,

Ok, i reconfigured and downloaded the firmware on all without the termination but no change.

After that again i downloaded the firmware again to delete all configuration and connected every multi alone to the cerbo, like one phase system.

Multi L1 and Multi L2 was working immediately but i was not able to get an connection to the multi L3 with the mk3 to usb converter. i didn´t count it but 10 times i always got a connection error like in the picture attached. i turned off and on, turned on wait a minute before i press "next" in the "flash-programm", changed kable again, doublechecked if the connection to the multi and udp kable is tight and good. So after a few try´s i got a connection again and connect it to the cerbo as one phase system and it was working to.

Configured again a 3 phase system and the error3 happen again.

5.png

5.png (29.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

If you try to connect the MK3 to the other RJ45 port on MultiPlus number 3 does that make a difference?

This only really proves if that RJ45 port is faulty.

Either way, something is wrong with that MultiPlus, better to contact you dealer to arrange a replacement, it should not be like that, it should work like 1 and 2.

0 Likes 0 ·
gangl79 avatar image
gangl79 answered ·

yes, i tried also the other port and it made no difference.

Thank you for your support. I will contakt my dealer.

mfg

Franz

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@gangl79

Try updating using Victron Connect not ve flash. The multi 2 should be new enough to do that.

0 Likes 0 ·
gangl79 avatar image
gangl79 answered ·

I changed the multi but still the same, i have no idea anymore

2 |3000

gangl79 avatar image
gangl79 answered ·

Ok, I changed the Phase 2 Multi, now its working !!!!!!

Thanks

1 comment
2 |3000

Lindsay avatar image Lindsay commented ·

@gangl79 Good day, can you please assist me with this?

We have connected a three phase 5KVA multiplus-II system.

The updates are done, now we want to configure them, we doing so without connecting the AC in but it is wired. We switched on the 480V battery that is wired up.

when we switch on the first one its ok but when the second one is switched on it starts beeping and the "absorption LED" lights up same with the third inverter, and we get error code 3.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

could it be that our AC out are not wired up?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources