question

andreww avatar image
andreww asked

CCGX not displaying alarm notification when it should

In the screenshots below:

• My battery SoC is 16%
  • The CCGX is set to turn the generator on when the SoC is below 25%
  • The CCGX has (correctly) sent a start signal to the generator.
  • The CCGX says that the Generator Start/Stop state is "Running by SoC condition"

All the above is as it should be.

However, the generator failed to start because of a mechanical fault. Under these circumstances, I would expect the CCGX to raise an alarm notification (after a few minutes), but it has not done so. In the past, it definitely HAS raised an alarm notification under these circumstances, I think the message that I used to get was "Generator not detected at AC input".

The CCGX is on firmware version 2.81 (auto-updates disabled)

My objective is to start getting this alarm message again when the situation arises.

Screenshots below.

screenshotofsoc.png

screenshotrunningbysoc.pngscreenshotgeneratorstartconditions.pngscreenshotnonotifications.png

CCGX Color Controlalarm
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
lifeingalicia avatar image
lifeingalicia answered ·

maybe the gen has started and later died?

Would set an additional general alarm @ 20% in case gen fails or power demand exceeds gen power

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andreww avatar image andreww commented ·

Thank you for your repsonse.

Maybe the gen has started and later died? - I know from other monitoring that it never started.

I agree with your other comment but it would be nice to get the alarm specifically on generator not starting - as I say, it used to work like that.

0 Likes 0 ·
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

It sounds like a good feature but it does have some exceptional use cases where some software decisions have to be made. For instance, where a different inverter/charger brand is used the Cerbo would not be aware of mains on the AC input. Also, we have installed a system where 2 Quattros are used and only one has the generator presented to its input. In this case you wouldn’t want an alarm from the isolated Quattro.

2 |3000

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic