question

judd-1 avatar image
judd-1 asked

Firmware updates

Good Morning

Im just trying to wrap my head around u pdates to victron ie.
Inverters, mppt, cerbos.... do these updates come out on a yearly bases or does this is it a monthly thing. Or is this just error based.
firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

The general rule is if it works don't upgrade. Some firmware is intended for incorporating new products into systems, maybe another updates to grid codes, others may address an issue or add new features. There is a changelog in the professional area which should give you a good idea of the types of changes and whether it is actually necessary for you to upgrade. I'd suspect there would be reactive updates for issues and roadmap based ones, but this is only my view.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

There are no timelines for firmware releases. Updates usually add features and these are released every few months on average. Updates which fix problems are released in shorter times.

2 |3000