question

sherulesthewaves avatar image
sherulesthewaves asked

remote on/off on Orion-TR from Cerbo GX relay?

Hey, I have a 48v Lifepo4 bank with a Multiplus 2 inv/charger. I also have a 12v lead acid bank, charged from the 48v bank with an Orion TR isolated 48/12 DC-DC. What I need help with is how to use the Cerbo GX relay to be able to turn the Orion on/off through the Cerbo GX remote console. How do I wire those together to get that function? cheers,

cerbo gxOrion DC-DC Converters not smartRelay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

Hello @sherulesthewaves ....The Cerbo has a relay output and the Orion has a remote input. Simply wire the Normally closed (NC) relay output to the remote (Rem) input on the Orion. Under normal circumstances the raley contacts are closed and the Orion will work normally. When you activate the Relay on the CerboGX the normally closed contacts on the Cerbo GX will open and the Orion will stop working.

Depending upon how you want the Orion to turn off or on you could easily use the generator start function on the CerboGX. Simply set the parameters you want to deactivate the Orion or you can simply turn it on and off from the CerboGX menu.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sherulesthewaves avatar image sherulesthewaves commented ·
Thank you!

Do you mean just that one cable between NC and In? An leave the other connections empty?

0 Likes 0 ·
Trevor Bird avatar image Trevor Bird sherulesthewaves commented ·
Yes, you need a twin cable between NC and Common on the CerboGX and the Remote in on the Orion. The relay simply takes the place of the existing looping wire in the remote in of the Orion.
0 Likes 0 ·
sherulesthewaves avatar image
sherulesthewaves answered ·

Thanks! That works!

However, the VRM and the BMV “says” that nothing is happening on the 12v battery when the Orion is off. (I have a 48v bank - Orion - 12v bank -loads)

The loads should be drawing power from the 12v bank as usual, but the display says “idle” ?

2 |3000