question

vward avatar image
vward asked

VRM Portal Display, Float, Absorb, Bulk (MPPT charging state) have disappeared

Dashboard used to say "Float" or "Absorb", or "Bulk". Please let me know if this is something I can fix?

Browser:

1651659093926.png

IOS app: img-0502.png

Thanks,

Vickie

VRMdashboard display
1651659093926.png (390.8 KiB)
img-0502.png (594.0 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Spank it and refresh the page?

I am seeing some out dated data that needs a refresh to properly update.

0 Likes 0 ·
vward avatar image vward klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
@klim8skeptic How can you tell the data is outdated? The 'last updated' says Realtime. And I refresh by restarting the IOS app, or refreshing the web page, is that enough?
0 Likes 0 ·
Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·

The view you have is the same view I had when I had no assistants running in the VE Configure 3 tool, and I was running with AC in disconnected and inverter only with no charger. My suggestion is to open your Remote VEConfigure files and check everything is correct inc all the assistants needed for your install. Im sure inverting is when you are running a off-grid install which is what you appear to have. Float and bulk are when you are charging from AC and the screen shots appear to show your AC is disconnected so therefore I would not expect to see 'bulk' or absorption or float as you are not charging from the AC side but you are charging from the PV on the DC side, whilst generating AC from the inverter. In short, everything appear to be correct for a off-grid install with your install generating AC through the inverter. 1651737909074.png1651737820036.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1651737820036.png (84.5 KiB)
vward avatar image vward Jason - UK commented ·

Thanks, @Justin Tierney I have had absorb, bulk and float showing until recently. I was advised by my installer to not use any assistants. I am off grid, there is no ESS, so I don't think that any assistants apply to my installation?

The Victron system has been installed since August last year. And until I can log in via my browser again, I am not in a good position to use VE configure unless I can download the file to my Mac using Parallels on Mac.

I also do not have lithium batteries, mine are lead acid. I'll look into "stop after excessive bulk".

But I cannot login to the VRM in my browser at the moment.

1651739392994.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1651739392994.png (445.4 KiB)
3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

It was removed because it was causing confusion when multiple MPPTs exist - see this thread for the discussion/decision

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vward avatar image vward commented ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) , thank you for this, sorry to take up your time. I don't read this forum every day.

Is there any way for me to keep in touch with changes like this, so I don't unnecessarily take up bandwidth in future?

And any thoughts on why I can't log back into the VRM in my browser? I left it overnight, but still says this:

1651744716497.png

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
1651744716497.png (1.0 MiB)

Hi @VWard,

No need to say sorry - it is certainly not expected to read this community every day :)

For the more obscure changes like this, the community search function and reading the previous threads is probably the best way to self-help.

If you can't find it, then of course feel free to create a new question, try thinking about the descriptive search terms you would use if you were looking for it, and include them in the question title to help others be able to find the answer in the future.

For bigger changes, specifically in VRM there is an icon down the bottom left with a dot when there is an update. But in this instance, this particular change wasn't mentioned in there.

cleanshot-2022-05-05-at-203607.jpg

Othertimes there is blog post - for example GX firmware releases.

There are a lot of changes, across a lot of products, so it is a tricky thing to keep up with all of them.

For your other log-in issue, could you please create it as a new question?

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Tierney avatar image Justin Tierney commented ·
Thanks. Honestly disappointed to see a few folks having some issues or confusion affects us all. Building in a toggle or check box to allow that box to appear seems like it would give folks the ability to control what they see/understand. I have multiple MPPTs and never found this to be an issue because my understanding was it was an overview page and if I needed to investigate something more I went to that or those devices for the details. But it is what it is. Thanks again.
0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Justin Tierney commented ·
It's a never ending journey of improvement, and sometimes the path until something can be made good enough is to remove the cause of the issue.

I'd encourage you to post your suggestions to that thread, it was Matthijs that made the decision, so he would be the one to see your feedback there.

0 Likes 0 ·
vward avatar image vward Justin Tierney commented ·
@Justin Tierney and @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) , I agree completely with Justin. So many people miss this. Maybe it should be a choice? Or a custom widget that could be shown on the dashboard?

I have 2 mppts with 2 trackers on one and 1 tracker on the other, and still find that lollipop so useful. Never had the 'off' issue or confusion.
0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @VWard,

If I am understanding you correctly, you are referring to this box underneath the 'inverter'? cleanshot-2022-05-05-at-175819.jpg

This box shows the charging state of the MultiPlus, not the MPPT charge controllers - so if the Multi is only inverting, and not charging (from an AC supply), then it will not show those charge states.

Even though the MPPTs are charging their charge state is not shown on the VRM dashboard. The MPPT charge state is available in the Advanced view as a widget. Either the "MPPT Summary" for the current instantaneous mode or "MPPT State" to see it graphed over time.

2 |3000

vward avatar image
vward answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) , thank you for this. This is an old screen shot from the app on my iPhone. Float or absorb or bulk has always shown on the dashboard, until this week.

And I cannot login again to the VRM on my browser. It says too many connections. I don't understand why.

1651739023057.png

1651739081154.png (504.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources