question

geert avatar image
geert asked

Victron Phoenix 12/1200 to battery protect 12/65 connection

I would like to use a victron battery protect 12/24 65 to switch off my Phoenix 12/1200 inverter when the battery is low.

Is it OK to connect the out contact of the battery protect to the left hand contact of the two pole connector of the inverter (with or without switch on the wire)?

I know I can program the low threshold directly in the inverter, but since I already have the battery protect on the 12V side I wonder if I could use it to handle both, the 12V loads and the inverter simultaneously.

Thanks!

Phoenix InverterBattery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

You dont say which model phoenix inverter.

Perhaps you could use the diagram from the SBP manual?

inv-a.png

Or maybe the mppt manuals diagram is helpful?

inv-b.png

inv-a.png (235.9 KiB)
inv-b.png (320.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

geert avatar image
geert answered ·

@klim8skeptic Thanks a lot. That first diagram was nowhere in my SPB manual. I will do it that way.

To answer your question: it is a Phoenix 12/500. But in another off-grid installation I will use a Phoenix 12/1200 with the same model of battery protect.

Geert

2 |3000