question

csf avatar image
csf asked

Multiplus II 48/5000 fan stuck

Hi folks,

I am having a challenge with charging my battery bank with the Multiplus and a generator. The Multiplus would start off fine, and then throttle down the amps in short order. Today, it shut down the charge with temperature warnings.

After checking the connections I came to the conclusion that it must be the fan not operating properly. Upon further investigation this seems to be the case. I am only noticing this during charging, I suppose my loads are low enough to not trigger the temperature warnings in inverter mode.

I am attaching a video of what is happening when you initiate a charge. Apologies for shaky footage, trying to not electrocute myself in the process. The main connections seem fine, not disconnected, and the blades do spin when I manually turn them, no cables blocking them.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get this fan to kick in to charge the battery bank?

Firmware is 470.

Serial Number HQ2049PPXSA

Multiplus-IIfan
img-3584.mp4 (16.8 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·

Hi

Either the internal fan control has failed or the on board PWM fan control supply has failed.

Just find another compatble 24v at simalar fan current as a test to confirm.

The pulsing is the PWM control from the main PCB, as it runs at 25Hz.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes