question

jonas211 avatar image
jonas211 asked

Absorption voltage too high

3bb7384d-0941-4a00-bfb5-b1721b255aa6.png46af80e3-8a15-41c8-b001-480bbdaf1054.png

Hello :)

i have a MPPT smart solar 75/15 installed to a 120 AH battery.

Has been functioning good for 1 year.

Today suddenly the Absorption Voltage was too high. It was up to 14.95. for many seconds until i intervened.

In the settings i have 14.7. I even tried lowering it to 14.6. But did not change anything.

How can that happen?

I dont know how high it would have gone if I had not put something on the panel.

I disconnected the MPPT from the battery and connected it again. Then it was Ok and the charger only went up to 14.7.

Did someone have the same problem?

Thanks!

Jonas

MPPT ControllersSolar Panelvoltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Have you confirmed temperature compensation is off?

Have you confirmed equalization is off?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

The German in the screen shots says temp comp on, equalization off. :)

@jonas211 what's your local temperature? It's been very cold in Bavaria.

Is there another charger in the system? The MPPT will report what it sees, including voltage from other chargers.

0 Likes 0 ·
jonas211 avatar image jonas211 kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Hey :)

i found the answer in the german section. I did not realize the exact function of the temperature compensation. (Measuring only in the morning)

I plugged in the solar panel at 5 degree in the morning and had the high voltage in the afternoon at 25 degrees.

So that should be the answer.

For now i switched temperature correction off. I think i will buy the smart battery sensor.

Thanks for your answers!

Greetings

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic