question

Henning Schneider avatar image
Henning Schneider asked

Multiplus-II GX and ESS charger settings

Good Morning,
I am running a MultiPlus/II GX, MPPT, 48V Battery bank, controls via LAN/PC.
I dont want the Multi to charge the batteries in case of insufficient Solar power, so I switched off the Multi charger. But how does the system knows the adequate charge curve (voltage), if the MPPT is under "remote control"?
On a second note, section 4.3.9 in the ESS design and Installation manual says: "This setting does not reduce the charge power coming from MPPT Solar Chargers".
The "maximum charge current" settings in the DVCC does not seem to have any effect. When set to 30A, the current easily reaches 40A.

Thanks
Henning

charge current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

The system will use that you programed into the MPPT or DVCC if it is available.
Does your system have managed batteries? if not then limit in DVCC won't work as expected.
What firmware version is your GX on?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

well my understanding on this is - if the mppt is under remote control then all the charge control is being done by the BMS from the batteries - ie DVL DCC DCL plus some manual limits if you apply them in the DVCC. so the charge curves etc that are in the victron gear is not used, as BMS tells the chargers what the MAX Charge amps are and the MAX charge voltage based on the highest cell voltage plus they voltage of the other 15 cells (presuming you are 48v) and thats the charged voltage used. these setting can be seen under the GX unit and the bms and then parameters (presuming you have a compatible bms). if you have a canbus BMS connected and the mppt units are connected by ve direct or canbus cables and the gx unit is on fw2.85 or above then the solar units are also controlled by the dvcc.

This area is all quite NEW in the system and varies from setup to setup and whats fitted and whats connected and how its interfaced and or programed . so the above is a ruff answer and maybe of no relevance to you as well

1651219037234.png

1651219037234.png (26.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic