question

johnsmith avatar image
johnsmith asked

Multiplus II and Pheonix invertor Ve.Direct on same Battery bank with seperate AC.

Is it possible for me to add a pheonix invertor VE.Direct 48/375 to my existing battery bank which already supplies my Multiplus II.

I would keep the AC output of the 48/375 seperate as I just need a small invertor for a dedicated AC circuit.

Would CPC/earth of the Multiplus II and 48/375 cause a problem if they have seperate AC out circuits but grounded to negative on the same battery bank? This is the only thing I can think of that would stop me having this setup as the earth and grounding is quite a complex consideration under a DC/AC fault condition.

Is this possible?

Thanks

multiple inverters
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

This would work fine. You just need to have no connection between the Live and Neutral of both inverters then there is no grounding complexities. Earth's for all devices need to be connected. Pheonix has a Earth-Neutral bond internally. Multiplus has an Earth-Neutral bond which is active when no AC input.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic