question

maika avatar image
maika asked

How can the Cerbo GX also display the voltage of the starter battery?

My smart shunt also measures the voltage of the start battery. This is also displayed in the settings. But unfortunately not on the overview.

I would be very happy if I would see the start battery in the overview. And maybe it is also possible to display the load output of the MPPT 100/75 in the overview?

cerbo gxVenus OSvoltagestarter battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
luphi avatar image
luphi answered ·
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

maika avatar image maika commented ·
As I can see in the photo, you did it. Unfortunately, I don't know how to install this. Can you help me with that? I have a Cerbo GX with the touch screen. The Smart Shunt is connected via VE Direct cable. What exactly do I have to do to display the starter battery on the touch screen?
0 Likes 0 ·
luphi avatar image luphi commented ·
Hello maika, you just need to replace one file. Are you familar with linux and how to connect to it via SSH?
0 Likes 0 ·
maika avatar image maika luphi commented ·
Yes, I am familiar with Linux & SSH. Simply download your file "OverviewHub.qml.txt", find & replace the file on the CerboGX?
Or maybe there are problems because I already have "GuiMods" installed?
But in an emergency, I can somehow undo both, I hope.. :-) ?

Thank You.
0 Likes 0 ·
gone-sailing avatar image
gone-sailing answered ·

Assuming you have the starter battery hooked up to the auxiliary battery monitor input on the smart shunt, open the console and go into settings > system setup > battery measurements and set the auxiliary input to be visible.

(also make sure your shunt is set as the battery monitor on the system set up screen)

edit: sorry just realised you were asking about the cerbo overview screen These instructions will display starter battery voltage in VRM overview screen and MFD app.

2 |3000

Related Resources