question

topcorner18 avatar image
topcorner18 asked

Multiplus 3000 General question and buzzing in float mode

Greetings,

I have installed my Multiplus in place of an older Xnatrex 2500 whose transfer relay failed. She was a good old girl but had to be put out to sea so to speak. Would have made a great anchor for a small boat! Anyway, the installation went fine and the unit is operational with updated firmware on the CCGX display and the inverter.

Question 1: if the inverter is off, all the circuits on the inverter are also off. I seem to recall on my Xantrex that when it was off the default was for the unit to pass power thru the inverter. That does not seem to be the case or did I miss something in the installation?

Question 2: With shore power on, inverter on, and it in float mode there is a low-level buzzing sound coming from the inverter. Is that normal? The unit is located in a cabinet (with vents for heat release) right outside the main solan so will be an issue trying to sleep.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

installationsetup
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Generally speaking, the multi's with their transformer are a bit noisy and should be nowhere near any area where you want peace and quiet.

If the unit is off, as Gandalf would say - it shall not Pass (through).

You will need a manual bypass switch.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

topcorner18 avatar image
topcorner18 answered ·

Thank you Nickdb - can you recommend a switch as I am not familiar with them. Thank you

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic