question

j-b avatar image
j-b asked

Are multiphase systems required to be symmetric?

Hi all,

I understand you can build a multiphase system by using multiple devices, and also you can increase available power by parallelling multiple devices. I also understand the models and firmware used need to be the same.

Is it a requirement that all phases in a multiphase system have the same amount of devices in parallel?

Just clarify the question: Is it possible/desirable/supported to build a multiphase system where power for L2 and L3 are provided by a single device, and L1 has 2 devices parallelled because this phase has a higher power requirement?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Johan.

battery chargingVEConfigure 3installationsystem designdesign
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Sorry to say but as far as I know, all phase's have to have the same amount of inverters on each phase same size etc etc

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hello,

Yes, you can make any configuration you want as long as the units themselves are the same. So 3 on L1, 1 on L2 and 4 on L3 is an option.

Even you can choose to have only a single phase input (on L1) whilst the output remains 3p. (only L1 will then charge the battery and fee the L2,L3 units)

Beware of a few things!

1. The " single phase " paralleled units (which are on the same phase ) must be 101% symmetrical wired on both AC as DC

2 programming these systems can only be done with Ve Bus System configurator

3 On single phase input the " switch as group" should be de-selected, and at least L1 needs input poer then.

1 comment
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

Just to make the answer complete: Can ESS be used also on these asymmetrical systems?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic