question

ro0ke avatar image
ro0ke asked

Could I have an expert opinion on controller size, if I’m going overkill or not?

Hi, just a quick go through with everyone so everyone knows how I got to where I did.

My plan is 6x 300watt panels totalling 1800watt of panels. The Voc for each panel is a touch under 35v and the Imp for each panel is a touch under 12A.

I’m thinking 3 panels in series for a total of 105v+25%

And each 3 panel array paralleled for a total of 24A + 20%

Do these numbers look correct to you guys?

Also controller I’m thinking the 150/85 is this appropriately sized or could I get away with a smaller one? I’ve seen the max wattage from the panels one of these could take is 2400W with a 24v system. All this with a 304AH 24v battery for the time being untill I get another 2 for total 608A.

Any opinions on this specifically the controller or could anybody point out where I’ve gone wrong, would be massively appreciated,

Thanks in advance

system design
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Ro0ke

150V is the right models range there for the VOC calculated.

1800÷24V is 75A so the closest model is the 150/85 there without loosing PV max power. So two thumbs up.

You could use a 150/70 if the price difference is worth it for you, but you would loose the other 5A at lower battery voltages.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ro0ke avatar image ro0ke commented ·
Thank you for the reply, really appreciate it
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic