question

pclarke avatar image
pclarke asked

Victron Interface MK3 to USB device not recognized

Hello all, I just installed a victron multiplus 3000 inverter. I have the Victron interface MD3 to USB dongle and have downloaded the VEConfigure 3 software. However, my windows 7 laptop give me an usb error. "USB Device Not Recognized". Is there a USB driver I need to download? Any thoughts on why I'm getting the error. Also, I've used 2 different laptops...Windows 7 & Windows 10. Thanks

MK3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hello PClarke,

Yes, there is a USB driver. You can access it from inside the "Special" menu of VEConfig.

Then you will need to add it like any other unknown hardware device in your version of windows.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

espenmatta avatar image
espenmatta answered ·

Hi, I am struggelig with a similar issue. VE Congigure cannot indentify my EasySolar 24/3000. I have downloaded the drivers through VE Configure (the only .exe file in that package is called "PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v110.exe". is this the correct driver?

Also, next step in the troubleshooting guide says: ..Check device manager to see FTDI device in USB or Serial Connections". Sorryy newbie here, I dont really know what that means.. All help would be appreciated..

Ps. I have tested the cable and the device is connected. So, I think it is a driver issue.. P.s. I have Windows 10.

Espen

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @EspenMatta,

Did the driver install after you ran the .exe file?

Restart your computer, and try again with VEConfigure.

To check the device manager to see if the FTDI device is being recognised by Windows:

alt text

0 Likes 0 ·
mk3.png (806.8 KiB)

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic