question

stigandresen avatar image
stigandresen asked

Solar charger shuts down EasySolar-II GX

Hi!

My system includes a REC Q BMS controlling 8p14s 41kwh batterypack, 12ea 275w solar panels and i EasySolar-II GX 3000/48-32.

During solar charging, expecially during 1500w+ charging and high SOC on batteries, the solar charger shuts down and is no longer visible in VRM interface.

I usually have to Remotely reboot the Easysolar to get it to work. Can then work some hours, or days.

Any ideas?

Regards Stig

screenshot-20220406-170404-samsung-internet.jpg

screenshot-20220406-162544-samsung-internet.jpg

EasySolar All-in-Onesolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
doedani avatar image
doedani answered ·

Hello Stig,

Same problem here.. Can't figure it out. I have also a pv current around between 210v -230v
After reboot it can be solved for days or hours.. Could it be sudden sunshine on dark days?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

doedani avatar image doedani commented ·
Is there anybody out here with an explanation?
0 Likes 0 ·
doedani avatar image
doedani answered ·

I think I know what causes the Shutdown.

Different types of pv panels.

2 comments
2 |3000

stigandresen avatar image stigandresen commented ·
Hi!

I have all 12 panels identical, connected 6 and 6 in series and then parallell.

Still having this issue, very enoying. Supplier wants to take the whole unit, but then i have a cabin without power for an uncertain timeframe... and without any garanties of solution..

0 Likes 0 ·
stigandresen avatar image stigandresen commented ·
Hi!

No, all my 12 panels are the same, with same specs.

Still struggeling with the same at my system.

0 Likes 0 ·
bladerunnervf avatar image
bladerunnervf answered ·

Hi, this is probably a stupid question, but if the problems occurs when bright sunlight, then...

"12ea 275w " -

That's 3.3kWp PV input, which should be OK vs the 4000W Max PV power, indicated here

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-EasySolar-II-24V-48V-3kVA-48V-5kVA-MPPT-250-70-100-GX-EN.pdf

The EasySolar has a 250/70 MPPT. Does the output from the PV, the string voltage, exceed the advised limit for the MPPT ?

Might be worth checking with the exact panel specs ? There's a tool here ...

https://www.victronenergy.com/mppt-calculator

I have no practical solar PV system experience, so this could be nonsense, just though it might be possible given the apparent circumstances?

2 |3000

bladerunnervf avatar image
bladerunnervf answered ·

Or, complete conjecture, is the float voltage a factor, as in this post

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/189535/float-voc-and-mppt-rs-is-temp-correction-required.html

for an MPPT 250 one could guess at a 4x factor instead of 8x

Just an (uneducated) guess.

Hope you manage to fix your problems

2 |3000

Related Resources

EasySolar 1600 product page

EasySolar-II GX 3000 & 5000 product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic