question

jhaley100 avatar image
jhaley100 asked

GlobalLink 520 digital inputs increment by more than 1

I am bench testing my global link 520, with the objective of using it to count bilge pump cycles. Initially I am shorting digital input 1 and 2 to ground to simulate a relay closing for the bilge pump (input 1) and another relay closing for the high water alarm (input 2).

Digital input 2 is creating an alarm email as expected, but the counter on digital 1 is incrementing by 10-20 each time I short the wire to gnd. I would expect it to increment by 1. I have tried all the possible settings: pulse counter, bilge pump, etc.

What am I missing here? Shouldn't the digital input be incrementing by 1?

John Haley

globallinkbilge
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Lasse avatar image
Lasse answered ·

Thanks for your post, i'm sorry for the very late reply. It should just increment by 1 but it has a pretty high polling resolution. I will take this up with the development team.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jhaley100 avatar image jhaley100 commented ·
Hi Lasse, Just checking in to see if there is a resolution to this issue. Is there some circuitry I can add to the relay to make this more reliable?

0 Likes 0 ·
jhaley100 avatar image
jhaley100 answered ·

So do you think the relay chattering when it closes may be raising the count? I am using an automotive relay now connected to the bilge pump circuit, and when testing I was manually touching wires together.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Globalink Product page

Globalink Online Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic