question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Back in beta: Stored trends for SmartShunt, Solar Chargers, and more

Hello all,

Back in beta after many months: stored trends. I’m keeping this message a bit short, maybe expand later. But for now, all details are here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/97844/victronconnect-new-feature-coming-stored-trend-gra.html.

Since then (already way back in 2021!) we have improved speed of downloading the data to the phone upon connection, as well as many stability improvements.

So, if you can, please try, and leave your feedback here. Just that you like it, or also more detailed areas for improvement.

Coming weeks we’ll be seeing if we can make the usage of it in the app looking more nicely and intuitively.

Details and instructions: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:beta

Have a good weekend, Matthijs

VictronConnect
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

drlynx avatar image drlynx commented ·
Hi,

The stored trends are working with my android phone, the graphs on the trends are a bit cumbersome in the app, it would be fantastic if there were a way to generate a .CSV of all the available trend data that could be saved on the phone for transfer to a computer to generate graphs in google sheets/excel.

Steve

1 Like 1 ·
j2271 avatar image j2271 drlynx commented ·

Seconded. I've got the SmartSolar MPPT 100, and this Trends data is really nice. Very useful visualization tool. But the only way to retrieve or share the data is with screenshots.

0 Likes 0 ·
matthias-hafner avatar image matthias-hafner commented ·

Hi @mvader (Victron Energy) !

I'm so excited about yesterday's update, thanks for the new features!

How can I adjust the vertical scale of the trends feature? When I zoom out on the time axis, data points exceed the vertical range, see attached photo.

Using Victron connect v.5.70screenshot-20220714-141049.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
matthias-hafner avatar image matthias-hafner matthias-hafner commented ·

Oh, changing the measurement (e.g. go from power to voltage and back) automatically scales the vertical axis so that all data points fit.

I think a potential fix would be to trigger the automatic vertical scaling when the time range is changed.

Let me know if you need help with test automation ;) https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthias-hafner

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
helix avatar image
helix answered ·

Installed the last beta version on a SmartShunt. With android devices. Looks to work well. But I noticed that the Ah consumed is not registred. Amps, watts, voltage, etc do. All those datas appear on the status and historic pages. Normal?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gainestr avatar image
gainestr answered ·

I’m wondering if this new broadcast feature could be implemented in an Apple Watch app at some point? I am absolutely ecstatic with the latest updates. Excellent job!

2 |3000

Ash Win avatar image
Ash Win answered ·

Is Stored trends working for SmartSolar?

It was working when i had the beta version, and now I cant access history.

2 |3000

Related Resources