question

twase avatar image
twase asked

running a Compressor from battery feed to victron multi plus

I have a Victron easy solar 24V 3000VA I am installing in my caravan. It is supplied by 3 parallel 12v LiFEPo4 135aH batteries in series with the another identical 3 parallel 12v IiFePo4 batteries giving 24V battery.

I also have a 24v compressor for the air bags that I want to feed from the battery terminals on the victron. I have a ferrite filter in the feed to the compressor but not sure on its capability.

My Question is: is there any issues in this configuration with regard to the victron easy solar?

victron community
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
twase avatar image
twase answered ·

I Guess the question is how susceptable is the victron to external noise on the battery feed?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

netrange avatar image
netrange answered ·

When the compressor starts up, the voltage must not fall below the "switch-off voltage" of the Easy. However, a short warning would be possible ...

1 comment
2 |3000

twase avatar image twase commented ·

OK, I doubt any chance of the voltage dropping much, there is an inline 80A fuse, it has around 30A inrush and 17A running, I am more concerned about any back emf from the motor.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic