question

abode-repair avatar image
abode-repair asked

Bluesmart IP67 Charger 120V 25A Not Charging

I purchased the above charger for use with an Ampre Time 100 AH Lithium battery. Because the BlueSmart specifications did no match the AT requirements, I customized the settings to change the storage voltage to 13.6V. All other settings were ok per AT. The max charged Ah is 51.6 on a 100 AH battery. I've since changed back to Li-ion with no improvement. What needs to be done to get this to charge reliably to 100 AH?

bluesmart ip22
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @abode_repair,

what makes you so sure it is not charging up to 100Ah?

Once you have set the charging parameters to the requirements of your Lithium battery, it will start charging until set absorption voltage and stay there for as long as absorption time is set (while still charging).

Once absorption time has elapsed, it goes to storage voltage.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

abode-repair answered ·

Stefanie,

Thank you for your response. Please see attachment. Under totals, it shows 51.6 ah as the charge total. Does this value mean something else?thumbnail.png

thumbnail.png (136.1 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@abode_repair

Are you draining it to the 100Ah depth of discharge? If you aren't using the whole 100Ah then you can't charge it with 100Ah as it will have some storage left?

0 Likes 0 ·
@abode_repair

That number is the cumulative amperage charged since you first started charging your battery. Nothing to worry about.

What you also can see is that Cycle 1 has completed all 3 stages (bulk, absorption and float/storage).

0 Likes 0 ·
abode-repair answered ·

Alexandria and Stefanie. Thank you for your help.

2 |3000