question

adam3216 avatar image
adam3216 asked

3 phase Multiplus II, MPPT's throttling back when in absorption

Hi All,

I know this topic has been covered a number of times, but, I'm on the latest firmware on all devices and this installation has the grid tie inverter not connected to the output of the Multiplus II's.

I have 3 Multiplus II's 5kw units configured in 3 phase, 2 MPPT charge controllers and a SMA Tripower 10kw grid tie inverter. The SMA is connected directly to the grid, not at the Multiplus II output. There is 45kwh of lipo self managed storage. In the EES, the feed back & charge limit is disabled. Also its set to The Total of All Phases for self consumption. What I am experiencing is the when the storage goes into absorption the output of the MPPT's drop as the absorption current drops until the current drops to zero. At this stage the MPPT's output returns. Any thoughts?

multiple inverters
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Check your BMS as it maybe throttling the Current to zero as one cell is high by CVL DCL CCL - look under devices in the cerbo and then select the BMS then scroll to the bottom and this will show the settings that are coming from the BMS. then once the cell are balanced it then raises the voltage again.

Just a possible cause

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
this is also shown on the VRM under the BMS items graphs
0 Likes 0 ·
adam3216 avatar image adam3216 commented ·
Thanks, the systems BMS's don't communicate with the victron equipment. The battery banks are self managed.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic