question

andrescel avatar image
andrescel asked

Cerbo, bmv, smart shunt, and multi problems

Hello,

I have seen kind of similar questions, but still I'm not clear.

My installation is like this (in a boat):

- 3x mppt 75-15 regulators

-BMV 712 with its shunt

- multi quatro inverter

- cervo and gx touch

I have everything kind of installed but I think something is not right.

First I installed the bmv with the shunt connected via utp cable, all good. Then the mppt's and linked all of them and the bmv via Bluetooth, all good. Then the cervo and here first problem.

Should I install both Shunts? What I have done is taking apart the electronic part of one shunt and having both electronics in one single one. So now I have Bluetooth, ve port and utp (plus I'm reading also second battery). It seems to work but I have the feeling I'm getting wrong trains readings. Is this the right thing to do? Should I connect both shunts, one after the other??

Other thing is that, the cervo is showing in my victron connect app. But I can't add it to my existing v.e. smart network where I have the mppt's and the bmv. Same with the multi. Actually the multi I can't even see it in my Bluetooth. It is connected to the gx touch with the utp cable and working fine, but can't get any Bluetooth signal from it.

At the moment I don't have any v.e. direct cables and I can't get any in a couple of months.

Is my installation right? Should I do something with the shunts? Is normal the Bluetooth problem?

Thank you so much in advance

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxBMV Battery MonitorSmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

I'd recommend you read the smart network manual which can be found on the Victron website and also lists the compatible devices. The Cerbo bluetooth can only be used to set up the device and also for e.g. Ruvi sensors and is not smartnetwork capable. Neither Multi nor Quattro has bluetooth and a dongle is required, but it offers limited monitoring capabilities. Maybe worth spending a bit more time with the manuals or getting some help to at least get the basics right.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

If you have Cerbo or GX in the system you need to run wires to everything for it all to work. The cerbo doesn't talk to any other Victron equipment wirelessly. It would work perfectly once wired up.

2 |3000