question

bradtal avatar image
bradtal asked

Ruuvi Tag Temperature adjustment for VRM Portal

Hello All-

We just installed some Ruuvi Tag temperature sensors in our DC Fridge/Freezer in our RV. In the Ruuvi App, you can manually "adjust" the temperature. For example, the fridge reports 45 degrees, when it is actually 35 degrees. So, in the app, you tell it to be -10 degrees from the reported temperature.

However, the "adjusted" temperature does not get reported to the VRM portal. It shows up as the 45 degrees. Is there a way to do this temperature adjustment for the VRM portal also?

Thank you-

Brad

VRMruuvi sensors
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
How is the fridge temperature being measured or checked (other than the Ruuvi)?
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @bradtal,

Currently it is not possible to calibrate the RuuviTags in Venus OS and VRM. And I'm not sure if this feature is a work in progress or coming soon.

I wonder why there is such a big difference between your fridge temperature sensor and the RuuviTag. Ruuvis are known for their accuracy. I have many of them and they are all within 1/10th of a degree.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bradtal avatar image bradtal commented ·
@Stefanie - Thank you for your answer. We have another set of Bluetooth sensors in the fridge/freezer that broadcast to a countertop device. We weren't sure if the Ruuvi's were off, or the existing system we had was off. So, I put a 3rd thermometer into the fridge and got 3 different temperature readings with a range of about 8-12 degrees!

So, we are going to just assume the Ruuvi's are the most accurate because the Ruuvi we have in the cabin of the RV is dead on with another thermometer we have in the cabin.

Thank you for your answer.

Brad

0 Likes 0 ·
Ulrich avatar image
Ulrich answered ·

I have found that the temperatures in a refrigerator in particular can vary greatly. It makes a huge difference at what height and what depth the thermometer is placed.

2 |3000

dave-brannigan avatar image
dave-brannigan answered ·

Where I concur that the ruuvi devices appear to be very accurate for temperature, I have found that the pressure transducer is less accurate and as a result I’ve applied an offset in the Ruuvi app for barometric pressure. As with the OP comment on temperature, this offset must only apply in the app and not the device so in VRM it shows the un calibrated figure. As a sailor I rely upon accurate barometric readings for weather forecasting so if this could be added to the Cerbo it would be great.

2 |3000

Related Resources