question

David Lowrey avatar image
David Lowrey asked

Suggestion: Android Auto support

It would be amazing if VictronConnect had Android Auto support.

I have a Victron SmartSolar chargerand a BMV-700 battery monitor in my RV. It would really be nice if Android Auto could have cards that displayed data from these devices, such as remaining battery time and the Current.

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi if you connect a Victron bluetooth dongle to the BMV-700 and then download the Victron connect app, all the BMV info and much more this is available to you

the Smartsolar unit already has the bluetooth unit inbuilt in it so download and install the Victron Connect APP

If you are looking to have active wigets displayed then maybe under the Mods section you could request a enhancement

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Tony Goncalves avatar image Tony Goncalves commented ·
That's not answering the request that OP is asking for. Yes, we know what if you have Victron Connect installed on an android phone, and if your device has bluetooth installed then VC will show the status/dashboard. What he (and I) are asking for is that the VC app be Android Auto/CarPlay enabled, so that when we have our phone connected to our vehicle head unit, VC will show up as an available tile, to show what we want to see: solar production, DC consumption, etc.

Without AndroidAuto/CarPlay enabled, we would have to disconnect our phone from our vehicle every time we want to launch VC.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic