question

sqlazer avatar image
sqlazer asked

How to disable Storage mode in IP22 Bluesmart chargers?

Hi there,

I have a camper van that when we're parked for long period of time, each morning we turn on a generator to top off the batteries, and then turn the generator off the rest of the day and then repeat each day.

I am currently using three 120v-12v 30a IP22 BlueSmart chargers to push power into the battery bank, and they work great other than every couple days, the chargers go into storage mode far before the batteries are full. I then power-cycle the chargers, and they get out of storage mode, and everything is fine.

Is there a way to disable storage mode on these chargers? I looked through the advanced and expert settings on the app and it appears that there isn't, and quite honestly I'm not sure how to reconcile that with my system, aside from doing something really dumb like put a timer on the charger input lines to toggle power for 30 seconds every hour

bluesmart ip22
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@sqlazer

If you go into battery settings and use the expert mode setting.

Advanced settings check on - then go to advanced battery settings.

Then set the battery preset as user defined.

You can change the storage mode voltage to whatever you like.

If you set it to float voltage then it will store at float voltage. You can also set it to make sure it does an absorption cycle at least once a day if you are concerned about a daily proper charge.

You dont mention your battery type or any other details. It is possible something there is triggering the early storage mode.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.