question

ruccavan avatar image
ruccavan asked

Incorrect Orion TR Smart 12/12/30 initial power up. Now no response.

I turned on my van new Vicrton electrical system today for the first time (Li-Ion batteries, Multiplus 12/2000/50, BMV 712, Smart Solar MPPT 100/50). I mistakenly did not properly follow the installation instructions and had both input and output cables connected to the Orion TR Smart 12/12/30. The Orion did not appear on the Victron Connect app and now will not power up. I have tried the correct steps but still no response. Is there a way to reset the component and then follow the correct installation instructions?

orion-tr smartinstallation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Have you tried completely disconnecting, leaving for an hour or three, then reconnecting.?

It would help to know what was on the input and output cables, may still be a fault in the wiring, or you may have blown a fuse. Do you have power at the Orion? Are L and H connected? Without that it will not power up unless you've gone for another of the optional setups.

So you need to check wiring carefully, give us a wiring diagram. If that checks out, probably a dealer job to test the Orion.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ruccavan avatar image ruccavan commented ·

I have not tried to disconnect completely but will. The Orion input is connected to the starter battery by 6 AWG cables with a 60A breaker. The output goes to the Lynx distributor. There is no power at the Orion. I do not understand the meaning of L&H. Wiring diagram attached. I'm pretty confident that my wiring is correct but will double check it. Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
ruccavan avatar image
ruccavan answered ·

I found a bad connection in the starter battery harness. Problem solved.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Sorry, missed your reply.

L&H. Just leave them bridged together. Works for most cases.
0 Likes 0 ·