question

pierpaolo avatar image
pierpaolo asked

phoenix multiplus 12/3000/120 year 2009 connection to pc

Hello

I like to know what software and cable to use for connecting my old inverter/charger to a pc.

I need to change absorption and float voltage due to battery bank change.

Any help would be much appreciated.

software
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Can you tell us the serial number of your device? The firmware is also interesting. The original firmware is printed on a sticker on the CPU.

Depending on that you can use the MK3 or MK2 interface and the normal VE.config or an older version.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pierpaolo avatar image pierpaolo commented ·

Thanks Matthias for your prompt reply. i can see 2 stickers on the CPU. N°1 (left down corner): PMP 12/3000 2021 070083 0738 0900841. N°2 (right up corner): PMP 12/3000 2021 070161 0738 0900841. Hope this helps

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ pierpaolo commented ·

@pierpaolo

Can you make a picture of the stickers?

multiplus-inside-view-147551756-01.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
pierpaolo avatar image
pierpaolo answered ·

Victron.jpg

Hi. let me know if you need more info. Thanks

victron.jpg (4.0 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
The normal VE.config software and a MK3 Interface should work with your device.
0 Likes 0 ·
pierpaolo avatar image
pierpaolo answered ·

Hello Matthias, any news

2 |3000

pierpaolo avatar image
pierpaolo answered ·

Can you please help in choosing MK3 or MK2 interface ? I have attached a picture of my Phoenix Multiplus. Thanks for your help.

2 comments
2 |3000

I already answered 5 days ago.

"The normal VE.config software and a MK3 Interface should work with your device."

To be sure you can still use the MK2.

0 Likes 0 ·
pierpaolo avatar image pierpaolo Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Hello. thanks for your reply. I am currently in the caribbean and a guest will bring me the interface. I need to be sure about wich interface will work better. Should I go for the MK2?

Does the VE.config software works with mac?

0 Likes 0 ·
pierpaolo avatar image
pierpaolo answered ·

The cable to be used in between the interface and my Victron device a normal ethernet cable?

2 |3000

pierpaolo avatar image
pierpaolo answered ·

Hello Matthias. what you mean with "to be sure you can use the MK2" ? Should I try with mk2 or mk3?

1 comment
2 |3000

VE.Config is Windows only.

VE.Bus is a normal RJ45 cable.

The MK2 will work with old and new units (maybe a bit slower) the MK3 does not work with all old units.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic