question

Matthew Shea avatar image
Matthew Shea asked

Battery temperature not reporting

I just installed my victron setup not to long ago and I noticed that I am not getting any information about the battery temp. My setup consists of a multiplus 2x120, lynx BMS/distributer, and two smart 160 batteries in parallel.

The issue I am having is I am not seeing the battery temps being reported in VRM. it was my assumption that the smart batteries would be able to report their own temp. I can see the temp in Victron connect when I connect directly to them but that info is not getting pulled in for some reason.

I have turned on MQTT and am looking at the raw outputs which also don't seem to be pulling temp from anywhere.

1645636409316.png

1645636555114.png

1645636893151.png

Is there something in the config that I need to turn on to get Lynx to pull the temp from the battery? I am concerned that from what I can tell, the system doesn't know the battery temp and if so doesn't have the proper information to change things based on battery temp

BMStemperature
1645636409316.png (30.9 KiB)
1645636555114.png (44.0 KiB)
1645636893151.png (12.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Matthew Shea,

the SmartLithiums report their temperature only via Bluetooth (VictronConnect). There is no other way to see them.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthew Shea avatar image
Matthew Shea answered ·

is there a plan to change that in a future release? seems that it wouldn't take much for the BMS to pull that info and report it up to a GX device. seems odd to have to run a temp sensor to the battery compartment when the batteries have their own temp monitors built in.

1 comment
2 |3000

Sorry, I have no idea if this is going to happen. The communication between the batteries is entirely via BMS cable while the temperature of the batteries are only communicated by bluetooth.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron VE.Bus BMS product page

Victron 3rd party BMS compatibility page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic