question

cowboychris avatar image
cowboychris asked

BMV-712 and VE.BUS smart dongle reading different voltages

I have a MultiPlus-II 12/3000-50 2x120. Connected are a VE.BUS smart dongle, and a BMV-712. They are reading different voltages. The smart dongle is always 0.6 volts higher. I have used a multimeter on the battery terminals directly, and the B1 port and negative side of the shunt, and both readings are the same as the BMV-712. The smart dongle always reads higher by exactly 0.6 volts. I have connected my laptop to the Multiplus with a MK3-USB interface, and it reads the same as the smart dongle (0.6 volts higher than the voltage read at the battery terminals). I have one 200 Ah lithium battery. I have checked the setup to verify that settings are correct since the last firmware update. What am I missing, or what could be wrong?

VE.Bus Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@cowboychris

No you are not doing anything wrong. There was a series out that had this issue. Take it in for a warranty exchange.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/116960/bluetooth-dongle-voltage-not-reporting-correctly.html?childToView=117260#comment-117260

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic