question

ryan-peters avatar image
ryan-peters asked

Phoenix smart 24/5000 high temp triggered, cannot clear, inverter in off state.

Have 2 phoenix inverters running 2 domestic systems from a 24V 16kWh LiFePO4 battery bank. 24/500 runs several low draw items year round and 24/5000 runs individual high draw items when required, at least that was the intention. Have sucessfully charged car using its 3pin plug 2.5kW for 3hrs without issue. Boiled kettle 3kW for prob 1min, no issues, and run microwave from it, always individually. I notice the circuit from the 24/5000 has switched off and now high temp alarm is permanent, even if inverter has been off for several hours. When switched on alarm cannot be cleared and inverter is fixed in 'off' state. The device is clearly protecting itself but it can't be over temperature when its been off and disconnected then reconnected and tried a few days later. Is there a thermistor which has gone to open circuit, or is there some other reset I am missing to clear the error? The 24/500 has been on permanently for 2 years without issue and I expected the same reliability from its big brother. Anyone have any ideas what I should look at please?

Temperature Alarm
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

offroadflow avatar image offroadflow commented ·
Sure it´s over temp?

How do you know that please..?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

please download the Victron Toolkit and in there you can see the LED light sequence errors - this may pinpoint the error more closely -

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic