question

stevo07 avatar image
stevo07 asked

ACout2 in ESS mode

Hello,

I am aware ACout2 will only work when there is AC present on the input. What is not clear is if battery power will be used? The customer has some loads on ACout2 but in some instances wants to maximise the energy drawn from solar and the battery. I am not sure if it will just power these from the mains or not?

ESSac out 2
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stevo07 avatar image stevo07 commented ·

The question is will battery power be used when ACou2 is being used, not how to turn ACout2 on or off.

0 Likes 0 ·

Bump, anyone know?

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ stevo07 commented ·

Hi Stevo, Bumping with an answer removes your question from the unanswered questions list and makes it less likely to get an answer, because it is now marked as answered.

I will convert this, and all the other comments, that aren't answers into comments.

MihaiR has answered the question now, so please give him an upvote and Accept.

0 Likes 0 ·
stevo07 avatar image stevo07 Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for the tip Guy.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
mihair avatar image
mihair answered ·

Ofcourse! The battery power will be used to supply the loads regardless the output used. Only behavior is different in case of grid failure or assistans settings

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

AC2 out is programmable as to when it will turn on/off using assistants

for multiplus and quattros, (NOT FOR MULTIPLUS II units)

so it would depend on what inverter you have

5 comments
2 |3000

Hi Paul,

Its a 3kVA 48V Multi, which assistant should I use?

0 Likes 0 ·
stevo07 avatar image stevo07 Paul B commented ·

Thanks, I have used assistants so know how to use them. Just not what one is required for this scenario like you said?

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B stevo07 commented ·

Use the Program Relay as below

0 Likes 0 ·
1553162208179.png (39.5 KiB)
stevo07 avatar image stevo07 Paul B commented ·

Thanks for your in put Paul but none of this answers my question.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic