question

mikeperez22 avatar image
mikeperez22 asked

Multiple Problems with Multiplus 12/2000 Compact

New Multiplus 12/2000 Compact unit installed in a horse trailer. The unit worked fine for about 1 hour. Now, I have multiple problems that seem to be unrelated.

First of all, I don't have a control panel. My plan was just to turn it on and off with a three way switch. If I open the iOS Victron Connect App, the battery voltage shows the same as my handheld voltmeter. If connect the MK3-USB and view voltage with that, it is showing 14.7-15.0. Clearly that is incorrect on AGM batteries. This is while on inverter mode and not plugged in to shore power.

The next problem is that the unit is seeing an AC Over-voltage situation that is also not accurate. It I check the voltage at the end of the power cable, it is exactly 120v just like you would expect it to be. The software thinks the voltage is at 149-154V. That trips the over voltage alarm and will not connect shore power to the Multiplus.

Also, the unit trips off when inverting when anything more than a few hundred watts of power is turned on. As an example, I tested my wife's hair dryer. On low, it works at around 350 watts. When I click it up to high.....click, the inverter shuts down for a few seconds before trying to come back on.

The final problem is the temperature sensor that came with the multiplus is giving me a temperature sense error. This is observed on both the iOS app and the Victron Connect Windows software.

I'm at a loss with all of these issues.

multiple inverters
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

First of all check the voltage sense wire connections are good at the inverter and connected to the battery correctly

Then

secound check AC voltage at the terminals of the AC1 in when you get a over voltage warning - if this occurs then the grid will be disconnected

third have you connected this to the correct battery post as per the manual - and is it connected fully to the multiplus connections.

Make sure that all the Muliplus voltage and T.sense are properly inserted into there connection points.

Still getting the issue then please take it back to the dealer you purchased it from for testing.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

First thing is to do the obvious, check wiring and connections. Especially grounding.

Temp sensor should be directly on the battery negative terminal. How big an error are you getting? And how are you measuring it? These aren't difficult to swap and your dealer will handle a replacement if it's needed.

2 comments
2 |3000

mikeperez22 avatar image mikeperez22 commented ·

On the software, it doesn't give me a temperature error. In fact, the temperature displayed seems to be fairly accurate. What I get is a popup message that says "Temperature Sensor Error" or something like that.

I do have the bluetooth dongle with power off the batteries, but no temperature sensor there.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ mikeperez22 commented ·
As far as I know there's a standard temperature sensor, looks like an extra battery connector, has a red and black wire going to it. My guess is that isn't fitted. Or is fitted wrongly.

Which Bluetooth dongle?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic