question

bitcrusher avatar image
bitcrusher asked

Viewing Temperatures of ruuvi sensors

First, I like to thank you for the ruuvi integration! What a great feauture. Today I installed three of them in my RV, and it was so easy to do! Great !

… but it would be VERY nice to have a temperature-overview page on the gx touch !

… like a the „tanks overview“ page (sooo nice)

… or maybe like a „weather-station“ (*joke)

i know it could be done with a GUI mod, but I am not that familiar with programming, and have no idea how to do that …

thank you!

cerbo gxfeature requestruuvi sensors
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
luphi avatar image
luphi answered ·

I just wanted to start a similar thread ;-)

Would also really apprechiate a temperature overview, like we already have for the liquids.

Cheers, luphi

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Al avatar image
Al answered ·

Hi @bitcrusher Kevin has now made GuiMods quite easy to install without having to use command line, you just need to do a 'blind instal' by uploading a file on an sd card or USB stick to the Venus.

First do the 'blind install' for SetupHelper which installs package manager on the venus and use the venus menu for package manager to instal GuiMods.

Instructions here: https://github.com/kwindrem/SetupHelper

I don't have tank sensors, so only the temperature sensors are displayed for me:

Latest GuiMods with updated PV tile, without the generator running:

screenshot-20220204-121140-1.png

Previous GuiMods version of PV tile, but showing the ACin tile when genny is running:

screenshot-20220126-125311-1.png

Thread for questions about the mods:

https://community.victronenergy.com/idea/77971/venus-os-modification-scripts.html

1 comment
2 |3000

luphi avatar image luphi commented ·
Al,

I already have seen it before, but to me, it looks a bit overloaded.

I really like the clear views comming directly from Victron ;-)

Nevertheless, thank you for showing.

Cheers, luphi

0 Likes 0 ·
bitcrusher avatar image
bitcrusher answered ·

I don‘t dare doing this ;)

2 |3000

buddhafragt avatar image
buddhafragt answered ·

Can I have this modifications also for the VRM Portal?

1 comment
2 |3000

baronner avatar image baronner commented ·
+1 !
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Cerbo GX product page

GX family product range

Cerbo GX & GX Touch datasheet

Cerbo GX Manual

Venus root access document

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.