question

Bill avatar image
Bill asked

Can the GX LTE 4G-A use an AT&T LTE-M SIM? Or will they be making one?

I looked at the GlobalLink but it doesn't have enough VE direct ports to replace my CerboGX. With AT&T selling $30 a year unlimited data M1 plans, keeping VRM updated with less of an monthly outflow of cash would be a great thing and they work pretty much everywhere in the US, Canada & Mexico. Of course, if they made one specifically for that (low power) that would be better. The GL just falls very short on the capabilities and cannot really replace a Cerbo. -Bill

cerbo gxgloballink4g
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I don't think the GX LTE can connect to LTE-M.

But you should be able to use any other modem with an Ethernet port or WiFi to connect it to a Cerbo.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Bill avatar image
Bill answered ·

Matthias, any vendors I should be looking at that would make something inexpensive that I could use to get my cerbo data to VRM? That AT&T $30 yearly unlimited data LTE-M plan looks like a winner for keeping costs low. Thanks -Bill

2 |3000

Related Resources

Globalink Product page

Globalink Online Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Cerbo GX product page

GX family product range

Cerbo GX & GX Touch datasheet

Cerbo GX Manual

Venus root access document

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic