question

eenergy avatar image
eenergy asked

Quattro 10kVA UPS

I have installed a Quattro 10kVA inverter at a residence where their televisions are rebooting when the grid fails and when the grid reconnects to the inverter. I have enabled UPS functionality, but it does not seem to be fast enough for the televisions to stay on. There are Hisense and Samsung televisions on site. Are there any other options to improve the changeover time and try and keep the televisions on?

ups
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
CristiMV avatar image
CristiMV answered ·

can you provide more details? what batteries are you using, how many, etc?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

eenergy avatar image eenergy commented ·
I am using 2 x 11.2kWh Revov Lithium batteries. They are connected via a Lynx power in distributor to the Inverter. Average load on the system is around 3000W
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ eenergy commented ·
Unfortunately unsupported by Victron. Affordable but not the best rep. Good luck.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Seem strange to me. Either the Quattro is switching to slow or the TV's are very sensitive.

There are no settings to influence the switching speed.

I would test another smaller inverter just on the TV's to check that.

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi Matthias, that is unfortunate but thanks for clarifying. When you say another smaller inverter, do you have any recommendations?
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ eenergy commented ·
The smallest MultiPlus has 500VA that should be more than enough for just a TV.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The grid is probably having a brown out, which the inverter will pass through until it hits the minimum voltage. You can adjust the minimums on the inverter. Not uncommon in SA with load shedding.

Sensitive appliances will restart.

1 comment
2 |3000

The minimum is currently set to 200V to drop out, not sure how much higher I would want to go, without risking the dropouts happening even more frequently!

It is rather unfortunate that the newer appliances seem to be so sensitive

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic