question

David avatar image
David asked

Venus OS Version Checking for Latest "Large" version

Running a Cerbo GX with V2.72-large-19 firmware.

When I run a check for latest firmware and set the Image type to "Large", I get an error:

screenshot-2022-02-03-at-15-50-37-monty-vrm-portal.png

If I leave it at "Normal", the check works and I am offered v2.81. But I want the Large version as I am using Node-Red for some key functionality.

Should the Check for Updates work when checking for Large images? or is it still a manual update process?

Venus OSNode-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Louis van der Walt avatar image
Louis van der Walt answered ·

You should disable auto updates for the Large image. It is not yet supported.
See the first item under Step 3 for how to install the large image.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

David avatar image David commented ·

Hello. Yes, auto-updates is disabled. Doesn't mean you can't hit the button to look though ;)

(you may notice in my screenshot that "Auto update" is set to 'Check only'?)

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Wildebus,

the large image is not fully implemented yet into the update tree. It's still manual update, but hopefully this feature will come soon.

1 comment
2 |3000

David avatar image David commented ·
Thanks. When I saw the option to select the 'Large' image type when checking, I though maybe the download and install option may have come live for it as well as the Normal ones.
0 Likes 0 ·
rkflyer avatar image
rkflyer answered ·

If large isnt installed into the update tree what is the correct procedure to update? Im currently on 2.70

Also do I need to save my configuraition and/or Node Red flows before any update.

Great work on this Large OS... Saving the pennies to upgrade to a Cerbo right now.

1 comment
2 |3000

Not necessary to save configuration or flows. Only for versions prior to 2.70.
For installation see here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:large#how_to_install

0 Likes 0 ·