question

jordan-de-geus avatar image
jordan-de-geus asked

GX Touch 50 shutsdown/reboots when switching on/off a certain breaker

Hi all, i have a GX Touch 50 hooked up to a cerbo. The Cerb power leads are connected to the primary DC service switch - connected to the side from the batteries so the switch does NOT interrupt the power to the Cerbo.

It isn't 100% of the time, but it happens maybe 20-30% of the time when i switch the breaker on my DC panel for my USB outlets(the most common switch i switch on/off), my Touch 50 will shut down and reboot. I dont believe the cerbo is actually shutting down but being it is in a different location, i can't fully confirm this but i dont seem to get disconnected when connected via bluetooth. I"ve gone through all the connections and everything is tight as should be.

Anyone have an idea on whats going on? Just an annoying thing thats occurring at least 1-3 times a day

cerbo gxgx devicedc system
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Jordan de Geus

Is there a flash at all when you switch on the dc panel?

0 Likes 0 ·
jordan-de-geus avatar image jordan-de-geus Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Like on the cerbo box? Hard to test. Maybe ill stick a camera in the locker with the cerbo and play around with it.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ jordan-de-geus commented ·
@Jordan de Geus

No I meant the usb switch.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Marco Granai avatar image
Marco Granai answered ·

problema identità con cerbo gx e monitor generico.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

len-elec avatar image
len-elec answered ·

I have this same issue across 3 different installs , cerbo is connected to an 18 way dc distribution panel , when I switch another breaker on or off it sometimes freezes the cerbo and I have to power cycle to reboot???????????

2 |3000

gary-3 avatar image
gary-3 answered ·

Hi everyone, I hope this answer is in the right place. I've had the same issue with the Cerbo GX on a boat at work, every time I switch on the USB sockets the Cerbo and screen turn off. To cut a long story short I appear to have cured the problem by wrapping the Cerbo positive wire 10 times round a ferrite ring. I don't think the size of ferrite or number of turns is critical but for reference the ferrite is 35mm od, 25mm id and about 7mm thick. The ferrite is fitted close to the cerbo. So far it's totally cured the problem. Hope this is of help img-20220617-092021.jpg

2 |3000

Related Resources