question

sv-k avatar image
sv-k asked

(2)-Multis configured to accept both 120v common leg and 120v dual leg.

I have (2)-Multi 12/3000/120-50's in my motorhome and I need to understand how to configure them in a way to utilize 120v(single phase) either 15/20/30amp as well as 240v dual leg.

The motorhome is currently set up with both Multi’s linked, each one is powered by its own 120v leg. I like this as they charge a single Lifepo4(home made) as one unit. So they charge fine off 240v shore or my 240v generator. They will not accept any common(split)120v single leg power though. Both units fault out immediately.

This makes sense as they are linked and are looking for separate legs. I have tried unlinking them by removing the cat cable and some reprogramming of the Multi’s, but no luck. I also tried running with one unit off in different combinations of cable or no cable, still no luck.

The need to utilize single phase 120v is not common, but it is important to have the capability even if requires some physical manipulation such as removing the cat cable and/or running with one unit off.

Hope my goal makes sense. If not ask away.

Looking for some direction or advise.

Thanks

Kevin

multiple inverters
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

If I understand your question correctly then I think what you are after is to disable "Switch as a group".
This is in the VE.Bus System Configurator utility.
1643397268796.png

You cannot use this if you have ESS, but I wouldn't imagine that you do.

1643397268796.png (5.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sv-k avatar image
sv-k answered ·

Thanks wkirby,

Yes, dealer as well suggested "switch as group" off, but that did not keep the inverters from faulting when fed by a single 120v circuit. They also suggested turning off the 120v supply to one of the inverters, easy to do, but still faulted out. If I remember correctly it seemed that since the inverters were programmed for split phase they would accept only that.

I'll try different options tomorrow and make sure the group setting is off.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic