question

jeff-vierstra avatar image
jeff-vierstra asked

SmartSolar MPPT and Multiplus behavior with Cerbo GX

I have a Cerbo GX connected to my MPPT and Multiplus via VE.direct. If I power off the Cerbo GX, what is the default operating modes of the MPPT and Multiplus?

My desired case is that my BMS turns off the battery and Cerbo GX and that the MPPT would be turned off.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Jeff Vierstra

The mppt will default to its internal charge algorithm/ settings and the multiplus will as well, when unplugged from the GX.

If the battery switches off, the whole system will shut down, obviously as there is no power source. Possibly the mppt will remain live/ on as it can be powered up from the pv side as well, so it does depend on when the battery shuts down. If the multiplus is on shore power is can also remain on.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Wayne avatar image
Wayne answered ·

Yea the mppt will stay live and running even when battery disconnected, so long as there is sufficient solar.

You could consider using a NO disconnect solenoid on the PV side of your MPPT, in the event that BMS shuts down the battery and the cerbo, the relay would move to open shutting down the mppts..

2 |3000