question

myke0210 avatar image
myke0210 asked

Generation of surplus with the grid, Anti-island protection Quattro.

Hello victron community.

I need your help, the Quattro 48/3000 / 35-50 / 50 120V and Quattro 48/5000 / 70-100 / 100 120V inverter / chargers have anti-island protection to deliver surplus to the grid?

Since its datasheet is not mentioned and that feature is not clear.

Or do I need to add other equipment to my system to comply with the protection anti-island?

I'm gratefully for your help.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Grid connection with inverter chargers should be discussed with a local installer.

You may need additional approvals from the grid network provider.

Find a nearby distributor of Victron equipment and get in touch with them.

https://www.victronenergy.com/where-to-buy

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It depends upon your country. If these units have certificates for your country's grid code then it can be done. Applicable certificates are here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/certificates

5 comments
2 |3000

myke0210 avatar image myke0210 commented ·

What I want to know is if the Quattro has an anti-island system or I have to acquire other equipment for that protection.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ myke0210 commented ·
So normally, the equipment will not feed in. Once you enter your applicable grid code and apply the relevant settings to the Quattro, then it will behave like any other compliant grid tied equipment, including ant-islanding. Bypass relay will open upon grid failure.

Also you did not mention which firmware your devices have, or do you plan to buy new ones? Older Quattro's maybe do not support feed in. Newer 26 or 27 firmware versions will support feed-in.

0 Likes 0 ·
myke0210 avatar image myke0210 wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

I am using 2 Quattro devices and I have a Color Control Controller. Is there an option to set up anti islanding with this setup?

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ myke0210 commented ·

If you enter your grid code in VE.Configure, then it will enable feed-in and anti-islanding.

0 Likes 0 ·
myke0210 avatar image myke0210 wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

If my country (Colombia) is not listed, what should I do?

0 Likes 0 ·